Re: [opensuse-factory] Workarounds for Buggy Bluetooth Audio

On Saturday 2017-10-07 22:57, Carlos E. R. wrote:

after that, the sound device should show up in `pavucontrol`
and be usable from media players when they are set to use libpulse.

Unfortunately, it does not work for me. I assume it has to be done as root
(because you wrote '# bluetoothctl', not "> ..."

I (later) figured you need the normal user for bluetoothctl, because that
would be the program to spawn (if not running yet) and/or connecting to
the pulseaudio instances -- which root has none of, but the user does.

I try as user, I can not even start:

cer@minas-tirith:~> bluetoothctl [bluetooth]# power on
No default controller available

Yeah don't know how that happens. But with the mess that modern desktop systems
are, it does not surprise me. (I don't even trust Windows to get this right all
times, which is why so many single-user systems run with a semi-admin account
all the time.)