Re: [opensuse-factory] RFC: Proposed relocation of /var/lib/rpm
On mercredi, 4 octobre 2017 14.37:01 h CEST Marcus Rueckert wrote:
tbh ... /etc/rpm/db would be a path i could live with ... /usr/share/rpm
feels wrong to me. this is a path where i would expect static data.

darix

I feel the same, /etc being part of the rootfs and rpmdb being the
"expression" of the perticular state of installed software of this computer, I
found it more logical to find /etc/rpm/db

But as I'm not that familiar with btrfs trick and so, I can have a biased
view.

btw in the wiki of subvolumes I guess /var/lib/dhcp should also be subvol
due to the dhcpd db lease (which should be consitent with named one if dynamic
dns is in used) otherwise TXT records will not be in sync.

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch