Re: [opensuse-factory] Cups behaviour in actual TW
On 10/02/2017 08:04 AM, Bruno Friedmann wrote:
On dimanche, 1 octobre 2017 19.37:11 h CEST Axel Braun wrote:
Hi,
I have to admit that I'm not printing that much...so the issue may already
be older

In current TW there is CUPS 2.2.3 installed. I originally had only one
network printer (Queue: MFC9340CDW) defined, using a lpd connection to
lpd:// 192.168.1.103/binary_p1
Works properly.

Now a second printer shows up - same device, different name
(Brother_MFC_9340CDW) connecting to
ipp://BRW3C77E658BC0F.local:631/ipp/print
This one is probably auto-detected, but not working properly (test page is
empty)

To make things worse, when printing from KDE, KDE print dialog shows a third
Queue "Brother MFC-9340CDW", which is working neither. From the KDE-system
settings, only the two queues are shown that are in Cups as well

How can I switch the auto-detection off?
Does it make sense to change the default setting in TW-Distro?

Thanks
Axel

I can also confirm this strange behaviour under plasma
All my printing goes to my print server which export 2 printers.

I have both of them visible, but now cups insist to recreate that printer
ipp://bla.local:631/ipp/port1

Model Local Raw Printer
Status Paused

So basically can't serve anything useful.
It setup as default printer, and thus any software that want to print take
long time to show the print dialog box.

If you do
export QT_DISABLE_PRINTER_DISCOVERY=1
on konsole before running the KDE/Qt application that tries to print, it
should disable the discovery and use the printer configuration as usual.

You can of course also set QT_DISABLE_PRINTER_DISCOVERY=1 in /etc/environment
or in ~/.profile to fix the option for all applications.

Can you (both) try that and see if that fixes the problems?

Greetings,

--
Antonio Larrosa