[opensuse-factory] reproducible builds test results 20171001
Hi,

I did another round of rebuild testing for openSUSE Factory.
See https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Reproducible_Builds for pointers,
especially https://github.com/bmwiedemann/reproducibleopensuse with my
scripts to test reproducibility (now with slightly extended docs).

All resulting build-compare diffs are in
http://rb.zq1.de/compare.factory-20171001/

machine-readable information on 11817 packages
http://rb.zq1.de/compare.factory-20170406/reproducible.json

as well as a machine-readable summary
http://rb.zq1.de/compare.factory-20171001/rbstats.txt

total-packages: 11821
build-tried: 11817
build-failed: 109
build-n-a: 114
build-succeeded: 11594
build-compare-failed: 250
build-compare-succeeded: 11344
bit-by-bit-identical: 11111
not-bit-by-bit-identical: 478

The 250 most interesting packages to fix are listed in
http://rb.zq1.de/compare.factory-20171001/build-compare-differed-builds.txt

While I have fixed dozens of the simpler issues over the past months
(mostly upstream), there are some large classes left:

~102 indeterministic from javadoc output (from filesystem readdir order
and date+time) and other java-related issues - I'm not touching it yet,
because it is so hard to work with java

~22 packages are indeterministic .pdf .dvi .ps files from *latex

~12 packages from mono

some issues from Qt like
~17 https://codereview.qt-project.org/202999
~3 https://codereview.qt-project.org/203352

~4 from xemacs .elc file comments

some python and ruby issues such as
https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/296
https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/1794
https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/2263
https://github.com/ruby/ruby/pull/1602
https://github.com/ruby/ruby/pull/1603

and likely more cases of packages that write uninitialized memory to
packaged files like
https://github.com/davidsd/lie/pull/1/files
and 'gcin' (already fixed)

If someone wants to help, you are most welcome.

Ciao
Bernhard M.

  • No further messages