Re: [opensuse-factory] RHEL dumps Btrfs and replaces it with Stratis
For what it's worth, it's not even in *Fedora* yet because Stratis is
written in Rust, and the required Rust packaging work was delayed
until Fedora 28. The only blockers on the openSUSE side right now are
supporting the new rich dependencies without breaking the Tumbleweed
compose (aka, new product builder), which I think is supposed to be
deployed by now, and RPM supporting with/without rich operators, which
is in RPM 4.14, which should be making its way into Tumbleweed and
SLE/Leap 15 soonish.

Is there a doc somewhere about the current status of Rust packaging on openSUSE? From memory, the Debian folks were having a lot of trouble with it -- though I see that you're a member of the SIG-Rust for Fedora[1].

What was/is the plan to deal with the nightly compiler issue, not to mention the more generic cargo issue?

[1]: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Rust

--
Aleksa Sarai
Snr. Software Engineer (Containers)