[opensuse-factory] Cups behaviour in actual TW
  • From: Axel Braun <axel.braun@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2017 19:37:11 +0200
Hi,
I have to admit that I'm not printing that much...so the issue may already be
older

In current TW there is CUPS 2.2.3 installed. I originally had only one network
printer (Queue: MFC9340CDW) defined, using a lpd connection to lpd://
192.168.1.103/binary_p1
Works properly.

Now a second printer shows up - same device, different name
(Brother_MFC_9340CDW) connecting to
ipp://BRW3C77E658BC0F.local:631/ipp/print
This one is probably auto-detected, but not working properly (test page is
empty)

To make things worse, when printing from KDE, KDE print dialog shows a third
Queue "Brother MFC-9340CDW", which is working neither. From the KDE-system
settings, only the two queues are shown that are in Cups as well

How can I switch the auto-detection off?
Does it make sense to change the default setting in TW-Distro?

Thanks
Axel