Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed snapshot 20170928 hostname problem
Larry Finger composed on 2017-09-29 12:18 (UTC-0500):

Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar wrote:

On Fri, 2017-09-29 at 11:24 -0500, Larry Finger wrote:

valid
MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyQXcbConnection: Could not connect to display :0

Is your DHCP server sending you a hostname? Generally, this error
appears when the hostname 'changes' while the session is already up
(which is for example the default with user-manager networks as managed
by NetworkManager)

OTOH, I don't see anything in 0928 that should impact that. did you
upgrade from 0927 or something older? Does the error persist across
reboots?

The hostname changes were the problem. I used the ncurses version of YaST to
set
and lock the hostname, and now all is well.

Anyone know the mechanism YaST uses to "lock the hostname"? Making hostname
immutable
causes netcfg updates to fail.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/