Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed snapshot 20170928 problem
On 09/29/2017 11:38 AM, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar wrote:
On Fri, 2017-09-29 at 11:24 -0500, Larry Finger wrote:
valid
MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyQXcbConnection: Could not connect to display :0

Is your DHCP server sending you a hostname? Generally, this error
appears when the hostname 'changes' while the session is already up
(which is for example the default with user-manager networks as managed
by NetworkManager)

OTOH, I don't see anything in 0928 that should impact that. did you
upgrade from 0927 or something older? Does the error persist across
reboots?

The hostname changes were the problem. I used the ncurses version of YaST to set and lock the hostname, and now all is well.

Thanks for the quick, accurate diagnosis,

Larry