Re: [opensuse-factory] TW snapshot 20170927 - Kernel question
On Fri, 2017-09-29 at 12:04 +0100, Peter Suetterlin wrote:
Hi,

hope I'm not wasting your time - just a curious question. This
snapshot also
installed a kernel update (4.13.3-1.1 to ...1.3)

I assume this is (only) a recompile of the (unchanged) current one,
but what
is triggering this? (I always thought the kernel to be more or less
completely 'independent')

You are right - kernel rebuilds do not happen that often; sadly, I just
checked in a new kernel already again (4.13.4) which now masks the
'trigger reason' in the project.

The most common case for kernel rebuilds is that one of the subpackages
had a 'random fail' (sometimes OBS workers stall) and a bot was
triggering a rebuild - and then all kernel packages sync up their
release number.

Cheers
Dominique
< Previous Next >