Re: [opensuse-factory] RHEL dumps Btrfs and replaces it with Stratis
On Sat, 2017-09-23 at 19:22 -0400, Neal Gompa wrote:
On Sat, Sep 23, 2017 at 4:47 PM, Richard Brown <RBrownCCB@xxxxxxxxxxx
g> wrote:
On 23 September 2017 at 21:52, Roman Bysh <geeko.tor@xxxxxxx>
wrote:
Hi all,

Looks like Redhat will no longer use Btrfs in their next release
and has
replaced it with Stratis.
Stratis appears to be an XFS derivative designed by Redhat.

Can we see this as an option for openSUSE in the future?

My answer will be the same as normally

If someone contributes it to openSUSE, yes

If no one contributes it to openSUSE, no

I am not aware of anyone working on it for openSUSE at this time.

[…] The only blockers on the openSUSE side right now are
supporting the new rich dependencies without breaking the Tumbleweed
compose (aka, new product builder), which I think is supposed to be
deployed by now, and RPM supporting with/without rich operators,
which […]

Nope, we did still not migrate to the new product builder; but we are
getting closer and think we are missing about one more feature on the
OBS side of things to get this done (unless we keep on finding more
things)

Cheers,
Dominique
< Previous Next >