Re: [opensuse-factory] Gnome 3.26 upgrade not working (blank login screen)
On Fri, 2017-09-15 at 13:17 +0000, Marco Calistri wrote:
Il 15/09/2017 08:50, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar ha scritto:
On Fri, 2017-09-15 at 12:45 +0100, Michael Aquilina wrote:
Upgrade worked using 'zypper dup' :)

great! so, welcome to the world of GNOME 3.26

Cheers,
Dominique

Then how could I manage this Gnome update since I always use to
execute
zypper up?

Now I've disabled the Gnome-Factory repo so I can't run "zypper dup
--from (Gnome-Factory)" anymore, I have to rely to the main OSS repo.

Is there a specific zypper command to use in this case to just "dup"
the
gnome packages and not everything else?

Tumbleweed is not 'only gnome' - it's a complete set of packages built
and tested against each other.

Either you use zypper dup and take 'a new Tumbleweed snapshot' - or you
do whatever else you feel like (incl. zypper up). But if you take 'half
snapshots' you won't have the right to complain if it breaks.

If you have a specific thing you do NOT want to get updated (e.g.
kernel, for whatever reason), add a lock on it.

If you have multiple repos enabled, you might want to look into repo
preiorities before running dup (and if you had GNOME:Factory enabled,
you are also interested in --allow-vendor-change, or nothing is going
to happen anyway)

Cheers
Dominique