Re: [opensuse-factory] kmail hangs with 100% CPU
  • From: Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2017 16:20:07 +0200
Op maandag 11 september 2017 14:45:37 CEST schreef Martin Herkt:
On 2017 M09 10, Sun 19:03:18 CEST Achim Gratz wrote:
Does anybody have an idea what is going on and how to fix it properly?

No idea what’s going on. Been having other trouble with the MySQL backend
myself, more than half a year ago. It wouldn’t index properly and sometimes
fail to move items to different directories (INBOX to Trash in particular).
Restarting Akonadi or rebuilding the local database would sometimes mitigate
the issue, but it wasn’t a long-term solution.

I’ve since switched to the PostgreSQL backend, which seems to work perfectly
with no issues (plus it’s faster).

Thanks for this. Got 9 accounts, ~ 120,000 emails ( kept everything from 2001
on, except spam ) and faster? Oh yeah, much faster. I never had any real
trouble with akonadi/mysql until today. Akonadi indexer is still busy, but the
overall behaviour of kmail re. opening huge folders is much snappier.

--
Gertjan Lettink, a.k.a. Knurpht

openSUSE Board Member
openSUSE Forums Team