[opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed - Review of the week 2017/36
Dear Tumbleweed users and hackers,

I’m positively surprised: I can report about 3 snapshots that were
released last week (0830, 0831, 0904) – and a 4th one passed openQA
(0905) but some heavy truck must block the cable: the sync is blocked;
I’ll still include it in the review)

I’m mainly astonished that there were still 3 (4) snapshots completed,
considering the issues the infrastructure had during the last days
(openQA had a corrupted disk/database, then download.opensuse.org
disappeared on us).

What did those 4 snapshots being us?

* More updates from the KDE Applications 17.08.0 stack
* Linux Kernel 4.12.9
* Mono 5.2.0
* Mesa 17.1.8 (the packages wrongly identify was 11.1.6, sorry for
that)
* gpg 2.2.0

Work-in-progress items, that will reach you once ready:

* Linux Kernel 4.13
* GNOME 3.26
* Glibc removes the obsolete libnsl/nis integration (a sep. libnsl is
introduced)
* Mesa 17.2.0
* PHP5 will be removed from the repositories
* Distro rebuild with -fstack-clash-protection enabled
* Java 9 will become the default java implementation

Things are piling up – which is a good and healthy sign

Cheers,
Dominique