Re: [opensuse-factory] download repos down - witch is the best alt. mirror..??
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2017 15:16:02 +0200
Per Jessen wrote:

Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 1:30 PM, Werner Flamme <werner.flamme@xxxxxx>
wrote:

- on the GWDG host my own home:werfl has the old repo structure I
changed in August.
<http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/werfl/> contains
the current version.

Those are quite big mirrors, so I hardly believed my eyes. There
were several others I looked at, but I don't remember them.

I see this as a general thing. I think some mirrors I get sent to are
quite a bit behind D.O.O. When I view them in a browser, lots might
not be there. I admin this is more often the case when a new openSUSE
release comes out. But it is not limited to then.

Is there some sort of mirror quality indicator? Like using the ones
that have syncd with the repo within some time frame?

https://mirrors.opensuse.org/ will show you the mirrors and what they
mirror. mirrorbrain does some regular probing, but I'm not sure if it
also maintains some overall status, like "how stale".

Just fyi, rsync on staging.opensuse.org is not currently answering, so I
expect all mirrors will be out-of-sync.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (19.9°C)