Re: [opensuse-factory] download repos down - witch is the best alt. mirrior..??
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger.oberholtzer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2017 14:07:47 +0200
On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 1:30 PM, Werner Flamme <werner.flamme@xxxxxx> wrote:

- on the GWDG host my own home:werfl has the old repo structure I
changed in August.
<http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/werfl/> contains the
current version.

Those are quite big mirrors, so I hardly believed my eyes. There were
several others I looked at, but I don't remember them.

I see this as a general thing. I think some mirrors I get sent to are
quite a bit behind D.O.O. When I view them in a browser, lots might
not be there. I admin this is more often the case when a new openSUSE
release comes out. But it is not limited to then.

Is there some sort of mirror quality indicator? Like using the ones
that have syncd with the repo within some time frame?

OOC, when running zypper, it lists the D.O.O URL, even though it is
getting things from a mirror. I sometimes find it hard to know which
mirror was the troublesome one. Perhaps I am missing something.

--
Roger Oberholtzer