[opensuse-factory] bootstrapping Leap 15
Hi,

After the release is before the release. Therefore Leap 15 is being
set up right now. tl;dr version: nothing to see yet. Concentrate
all efforts on Tumbleweed please :-)

The longer story is that I've just started to copy packages into the
openSUSE:Leap:15.0 project. It will take a while to bootstrap and
build all packages, as well as getting all tools and bots up and
running. So please don't submit anything there yet.
Also, this will be a major rebase on Tumbleweed and TW sees heavy
changes at the moment. So I'd like to concentrate on having the core
package set settled first rather than wasting too much energy
rebuilding with 12k packages from Tumbleweed at this point. So don't
worry if Leap 15 looks rather incomplete and unusable right now.
The goal is to get everything up to Ring2 to build and pass some
basic openQA checks. Ie KDE and GNOME default installations. That
alone will take some weeks, esp since I will be on vacation for a
while starting tomorrow :-)
Once we got there we can start adding all the rest again. As
announced on the conference the plan for that would be an opt-out
model for packages that were included in 42 before (minus packages
that got dropped in Factory meanwhile) and an opt-in model for new
packages as usual with Leap.

cu
Ludwig

--