Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed repositories down?
Roger Oberholtzer [06.09.2017 20:13]:
I currently get this in Stockholm:

# ping download.opensuse.org
PING download.opensuse.org (130.57.72.10) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from provo-mirror.opensuse.org (130.57.72.10): icmp_seq=1
ttl=50 time=185 ms
64 bytes from provo-mirror.opensuse.org (130.57.72.10): icmp_seq=2
ttl=50 time=175 ms

Anyone know what the new address is? I was going to work with kiwi
tonight, but that's currently not possible.

Looking at <https://status.opensuse.org/>, and going to the details on
<https://status.opensuse.org/incidents/18#update-20>, you'll read:

###snip###
The data partition showed major issues - resulting in a shutdown of the
file system. We are currently analyzing the problem and trying to bring
the service up again.

Please use http://mirrors.opensuse.org/ meanwhile to get a list of other
openSUSE mirrors.

===snap===
Still no good news from the original machine. Meanwhile we changed the
DNS entries to point to a mirror server in Provo. Please excuse the low
bandwidth and delays for the moment, we are working on a permanent fix.

===snap===
Repository pushing from OBS to download.opensuse.org is very slow at the
moment. Please do not trust the OBS publish state. If you are a
repository maintainer, you can help us by disabling publishing for now,
to avoid syncs to the secondary system.

===snap===
Only recovered 9 from 14TB data. Syncing the rest of the data from
backup and backend machines now. download.opensuse.org should be fully
functional again tomorrow, Thursday 2017-09-07.

===pins===