Re: [opensuse-factory] Maintainer wanted for rzsz and wvdial

On Monday 2017-09-04 17:32, Per Jessen wrote:

Seems like the modern chips no longer support voice calling (the old
way of modems talking).

ATDT004917612345678
NO CARRIER

But given a sufficiently vintage modem (perhaps with a vintage phone),

Doesn't need to be so vintage - a USB GSM modem will typically appear as
a serial port to be operated with the AT comand set (plus extensions).
We're using one those for sending alert SMS'es. Not with wvdial
though.

Well my point was the lack of voice support, not the existence of a serial-ish
device or the ability to send SMS...