Re: [opensuse-factory] Move to OpenSSL 1.1
Robert Munteanu píše v Čt 24. 08. 2017 v 13:57 +0200:
Hi,

On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 1:49 PM, Vitezslav Cizek <vcizek@xxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Hi,
We plan to switch Factory to OpenSSL 1.1.0.
OpenSSL 1.1 is a new version which brings a lot of new
functionality
such as support for ChaCha20 and Poly1305 and the TLS 1.3 protocol.

This new branch is however incompatible with the 1.0.x series,
For more details, see https://wiki.openssl.org/index.php/OpenSSL_1.
1.0_Changes

Out of curiosity, will this impact Steam? Historically it has been
quite fragile in face of openssl changes.

For now we will have to keep the libopenssl-1_0_0-steam or how did i
call it.

Long run, we will see. It will be fun question when 1.0 is completely
out of support.

Tom
< Previous Next >