Re: [opensuse-factory] Workarounds for Buggy Bluetooth Audio
  • From: Chan Ju Ping <email@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2017 21:06:22 +0800
On Thursday, 17 August 2017 01:34:10 +08 Jan Engelhardt wrote:
# bluetoothctl
BT# power on
-- at this point, devices paired in the past are usable --

BT# agent on
BT# default-agent
BT# discoverable on
BT# pairable on
BT# scan on
BT# pair XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX

It works until here after I unpaired the device.

after that, the sound device should show up in `pavucontrol`
and be usable from media players when they are set to use libpulse.

Device does not appear here, and is also not found in the audio module in
KDE's System Settings. So unfortunataly, not as good as the workaround I have
now.

I should add I misused the word "pair/unpair" for the word "connect/
disconnect" which may have led to some misunderstanding. I have no problem
pairing the device, and connecting to it. Just no luck with audio.