Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: hylafax+ 5.5.8 localized Email notification chops german Umlauts
  • From: Axel Braun <axel.braun@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2017 14:03:40 +0200
On 2017-08-08 19:48, Axel Braun wrote:
That means, for whatever reason the handling inside the script causes the
error. I'm still trying to fix this...but not yet successful.
Cant we set a language environment in systemd, when starting the server?

You set it inside the script that hylafax uses to notify you. Long ago
it was /var/spool/fax/bin/notify

I have hylafax but it is not working, I have not sent/received a fax in
years, would not work over voip. So I can not test this.

Some more insights in between.
After applying several changes to the script one can see that the variables
get the correct values, but at writing out to sendmail (or a local file) the
corruption happens.

The only point in time it works is when I change
root_uses_lang to 'yes' (means - use de_DE.UTF-8 instead of ctype).

So there is a workaround, but not the final solution (export LANG=de_DE in the
start of the script does not help either).

Maybe one bash-guru has an idea?

Alternatively, can we set a locale in the systemd-startscript for the calling
process?

Thanks
Axel