[opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed - Review of the weeks 2017/31 - 33
Dear Tumbleweed users and hackers,

I’m already back on my duties for five days, so I wanted to take the
opportunity to let you know what happened in the two weeks Ludwig and
Max looked after Tumbleweed (weeks 31 & 32) and what happened this
week, This review will cover the 11 snapshots that have been released
in this period (0728, 0729, 0730, 0801, 0802, 0804, 0806, 0808, 0810,
0815 and 0816).

These snapshots brought you the following changes:

* LibreOffice 5.4.0.3
* KDE Applications 17.04.3
* systemd 234
* new rpm macros to have better conditions to apply patches (for
example based on package versions in the build-root, see https://lists.
opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2017-05/msg00491.html)
* git 2.14.0
* PulseAudio 11 RC1
* Flatpak was reverted to the 0.8.x branch in order to provide better
upgrade options in short term
* Mozilla Firefox 52.3.0
* LUA packaging changes: different Lua versions can now co-exist

And many things are already in the works again, snapshot 0817, for
example, is just in openQA and will finally bring you Kernel 4.12.7
(unless openQA finds again issues, but I don’t expect it after the
lengthy phase to iron out errors)

Further to that, the following things are being forged:

* Linux kernel 4.12.8
* KDE Applications 17.08.0
* The YaST Team’s new libstorage-ng implementation
* GCC 7.2
* Freetype2 2.8

As the summer holiday for many is over, the days are getting shorter,
the nights longer, I am looking forward to a lot of snapshots coming
out in the next days/weeks, further bringing plenty of updates, big and
small, to you.

Cheers,
Dominique
  • No further messages