Re: [opensuse-factory] Rooting for AMD underdog - how about 4.13 AMD stuff e.g. turbostat, cpupower and proc/cpuinfo changes
On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 03:16:15PM +0200, Peter Mc Donough wrote:
Am 17.08.2017 um 12:35 schrieb cagsm:
Hi there,

I prefer AMD underdog over monopolists any day and I read interesting
stuff about new amd support on the 4.13 kernel, especially turbostat ,
changes made to /proc/cpuinfo not reflecting current MHz any more,
cpupower and maybe lot of other neat stuff.

Any chance for backport to 42.3 kernel and so on? Thanks lots.

What about adding a kernel stable repository? You will automatically get
4.13 when it is "stable" for Leap 42.3.

In for example: https://software.opensuse.org/package/kernel-default

The easiest way is

zypper ar http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Kernel:/stable/standard/
kernel-stable

The even more adventurous might want to try

zypper ar http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Kernel:/HEAD/standard/
kernel-head

(v4.13-rc4 at the moment).

Note: before enabling any of these, I recommend to enable multiversion
for kernel packages and either disable pruning of old kernels or set it
up in a way that preserves at least one kernel from 42.3 repository
which is known to work.

Michal Kubeček