Re: [opensuse-factory] Changing Architecture level for 32bit x86 to x86-64

On Tuesday 2017-08-15 16:53, Tomas Chvatal wrote:

Thus - check your /proc/cpuinfo for the lack of MMX/SSE/SSE2/FXSR
and report back.

Of course this is no issue for SLE/Leap, where there is simply no i586
support - I see it slightly different for TW and before accepting any such
thing, we should get an understanding of what we break and how many
users/machines we 'send away'

Actually this is false positive. Even if the box work on i586 right now
we state in documentation minimal machine is pentium 4 with all the
features. Which means sse2 and fun. Thus we already exclude them.

It keeps to work by accident and then people are suprised that suddenly
fips check start to break stuff...

Also this has lovely benefit of speeding all the 32bit stuff like steam
for 64bit users, so by this you are saying that you preffer 12y+ old hw
over the current one.

Please back your claim up by numbers. The important parts, such as glibc,
should be using run-time detection already.