[opensuse-factory] Workarounds for Buggy Bluetooth Audio
  • From: Chan Ju Ping <email@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2017 08:11:03 +0800
I have problems with getting all my Bluetooth audio device pairing and
working when first paired, and these steps nearly always get them to work, so
I was wondering whether there is a root cause that can be pinned down and
fixed as a bug report.

Device: Mee Audio Air-Fi Rumble Headphone

1. No sound when paired.
2. Open Audio and Video system settings module in KDE.
3. Wait for it to appear, and select Air-Fi Rumble in Device Preference >
Audio Playback and click Test.
4. Test audio plays and now audio works.

Device: Bluedio Wireless Headset

1. No sound when paired.
2. Device not activated in Audio and Video system settings module in KDE.
3. Select Audio Hardware Setup > Soundcard > Bluedio
4. Toggle Profile to A2DP Sink (device not activated with this selection, but
will be with HSP/HFP!)
5. Device will still be greyed out in Device Preference. Unpair and pair
device again.
6. Device will show up in Device Preference, but without audio.
7. Select Bluedio and press the Test button.
8. Test audio plays and now audio works.

I am not sure why both devices are treated differently, but it is certain
that the Air-Fi is the more expensive device.

Thoughts?
< Previous Next >