[opensuse-factory] upstream fix only in next version: file openSUSE bug anyway?
Midnight Commander has no "branches". It has current release, and it has GIT.
Current TW release version 4.8.19 is broken in manner for which only workarounds
are reverting to a non-available version, (4.8.18 was also broken; Leap has only
4.8.15; 4.8.17 was good for me), or self-building (not an option for me). Next
release I estimate to occur would be October. I don't find any roadmap for a
next relase. Is there any point in filing an openSUSE bug in such a case?

Mailing list thread starter:
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/mc/2017-August/msg00000.html

https://mail.gnome.org/archives/mc/2017-August/msg00003.html
points to supposed upstream closed bug, in which I am unable to discern any
correlation to the problem I'm encountering:
https://midnight-commander.org/ticket/3821

All recent changelog entries for openSUSE's MC package are for same person, who
has reported he is no longer providing maintenance on the package.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/