Re: [opensuse-factory] NVIDIA gfx driver RPMs available for Tumbleweed ...
On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 03:42:56PM +0000, Rainer Klier wrote:
Am Donnerstag, den 10.08.2017, 13:25 +0000 schrieb Rainer Klier:
but i didn't uninstall .run package installation first.

so i will try again with this approach:
1. uninstall .run package installation
2. re-install mesa packages
3. install nvidia rpm packages

this didn't work also.
:-(

i uninstalled all nvidia drivers.
reinstalled mesa rpms (at least all packages with mesa in the name)
reinstalled nvidia rpms
rebooted

runlevel 5 didn't came up.
i saw a flickering runlevel 3 text-login.
but it was not possible to login.
so i rebooted in runlevel 3 and started yast.
and in yast i uninstalled nvidia rpms
then i started nvidia's .run package installer
now it is working again.

strange, but it seeems, that on my system the new RPMs won't work.
only the .run package.

I'm working on a fix for my gdm issue. It may fix things also for
you. Subscribe to boo#1053115 for updates ;-)

Thanks,
Stefan

Public Key available
Stefan Dirsch (Res. & Dev.) SUSE LINUX GmbH
Tel: 0911-740 53 0 Maxfeldstraße 5
FAX: 0911-740 53 479 D-90409 Nürnberg
http://www.suse.de Germany