Re: [opensuse-factory] NVIDIA gfx driver RPMs available for Tumbleweed ...
On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 05:50:55PM +1000, Konstantin Voinov wrote:
I have next issue after install from repo. Same error had happen when mesa
overwrites nvidia GL libs, it could be fixed by re-run NVDIA*.run for
reinstall. But now reinstalling nvidia-glG04-384.59-28.2.x86_64 does not
helps.

glxinfo
name of display: :0
libGL error: No matching fbConfigs or visuals found
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
X Error of failed request: GLXBadContext
Major opcode of failed request: 153 (GLX)
Minor opcode of failed request: 6 (X_GLXIsDirect)
Serial number of failed request: 48

I guess, this is a messed up TW system. I suggest uninstalling all nvidia RPMs
and uninstall possibly manually installed NVIDIA driver.

zypper rm $(rpm -qa|grep nvidia)
nvidia-install --uninstall

Then you might need to reinstall also some Mesa packages. Sigh.

Candidates
----------

Mesa
Mesa-devel
Mesa-dri-devel
Mesa-dri-nouveau
Mesa-libEGL-devel
Mesa-libEGL1
Mesa-libGL-devel
Mesa-libGL1
Mesa-libGLESv1_CM-devel
Mesa-libGLESv1_CM1
Mesa-libGLESv2-2
Mesa-libGLESv2-devel
Mesa-libGLESv3-devel
Mesa-libOpenCL
Mesa-libVulkan-devel
Mesa-libd3d
Mesa-libd3d-devel
Mesa-libglapi-devel
Mesa-libglapi0
Mesa-libva
libOSMesa-devel
libOSMesa8
libXvMC_nouveau
libXvMC_r600
libgbm-devel
libgbm1
libvdpau_nouveau
libvdpau_r300
libvdpau_r600
libvdpau_radeonsi
libvulkan_intel
libvulkan_radeon
libwayland-egl-devel
libwayland-egl1
libxatracker-devel
libxatracker2

Then install NVIDIA RPMs as described via

zypper inr

If they don't get autoselected your gfx card is not supported by this driver.
Keep Mesa installed.

Thanks,
Stefan

Public Key available
Stefan Dirsch (Res. & Dev.) SUSE LINUX GmbH
Tel: 0911-740 53 0 Maxfeldstraße 5
FAX: 0911-740 53 479 D-90409 Nürnberg
http://www.suse.de Germany