Re: [opensuse-factory] NVIDIA gfx driver RPMs available for Tumbleweed ...
Stefan Dirsch [09.08.2017 15:56]:
Hi

Since yesterday there are NVIDIA gfx driver RPMs available for
Tumbleweed. Feel free to give them a try by adding the repository manually via

zypper ar https://download.nvidia.com/opensuse/tumbleweed nvidia-tumbleweed

Stefan,

until yesterday I used the "Alternative, based on OBS" on page
<https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:NVIDIA_the_hard_way> for my Leap host,
since I use obs://Kernel:/stable/standard here (due to Skylake, which is
not covererd by the 4.4 kernel).

Yesterday I tried to rebuild, but I don't get all files from it. I only get

nvidia-gfxG04-384.59-0.nosrc.rpm
nvidia-gfxG04-kmp-default-384.59_k4.11.8_2-0.x86_64.rpm

What would I do to get a module fitting to the 4.12 kernel I'm using
now? Plus the other packages I find in the new repo? After trying a lot,
I used NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-384.59.run to get a working graphical display
at all...

Werner