Re: [opensuse-factory] Xeon E3 1240 v5 Skylake and Leap 42.3
On jeudi, 10 août 2017 00.32:03 h CEST Roman Bysh wrote:
On 09/08/17 10:42 AM, Bruno Friedmann wrote:
On mercredi, 9 août 2017 15.44:24 h CEST Roman Bysh wrote:
Hi all,

I'm in the process of updating my hardware. Am I going to have any
problem
with the Xeon E3 1240 v5 Skylake CPU, Gigabyte WS and EVGA GeForce GTX
1050
Ti SC 4GB GDDR5 and Crucial 16 GB of 2133 DDR4 RAM?

If you don't have a specific need for Xeon, I would avoid them :-)
Long firmware update at boot (most of the time).
Pick one regular powerful I7 and use the saved money to bought more ram
;-)

Facts etablished with a Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1535M v5 @ 2.90GHz

Should I go for ECC RAM? I know it will run on regular

Depending of what you want to do, yes ECC is nice to have.

But I'm on tumbleweed ;-)

Aha. You are running the superb Lenovo Thinkpad P50. Yes?

and you loose :-)
Mine is Dell Precision M7510 which is equivalent to the Lenovo

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch