[opensuse-factory] NVIDIA gfx driver RPMs available for Tumbleweed ...
Hi

Since yesterday there are NVIDIA gfx driver RPMs available for
Tumbleweed. Feel free to give them a try by adding the repository manually via

zypper ar https://download.nvidia.com/opensuse/tumbleweed nvidia-tumbleweed

and install them via

zypper inr

The kernel module is being built during installation (as it's done with the
Leap packages). But the kernel module is also being rebuilt and reinstalled
after a kernel update has been done, since we don't necessarily keep the kABI
stable for TW. This has been implemented by making use of RPM's trigger
scripts.

Known issues/limitations:

https://download.nvidia.com/opensuse/tumbleweed nvidia-tumbleweed is a
non-browsable directory, so please don't tell me it doesn't exist after
pasting it into your favorite web-browser. ;-)

Packages are only available for the latest long lived branch (currently
384.59). Reason is, that with TW we switched to libglvnd, which is not
supported by the legacy driver series 340.xx and 304.xx.

If gdm doesn't come up, try using another DM. xdm worked fine for me.
Something is weird with gdm, but I couldn't figure out yet, what. :-(

You can provide feedback here in this mail thread or via bugzilla. If you use
Bugzilla, please use

Product: openSUSE Tumbleweed
Component: X11 3rd party Driver

Thanks,
Stefan

Public Key available
Stefan Dirsch (Res. & Dev.) SUSE LINUX GmbH
Tel: 0911-740 53 0 Maxfeldstraße 5
FAX: 0911-740 53 479 D-90409 Nürnberg
http://www.suse.de Germany