Re: [opensuse-factory] External Drive for a Backup - errors
* james <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [08-08-17 07:47]:
I have been trying for 2 days now to get one of the two external drives
I have to work for backups of my install.

My fdisk -l /dev/sdb yields this output: http://susepaste.org/41422947

I have been using the Backups gui program that I believe is provided by
MATE but I use KDE. The shortcut resides in the System option in the
Menu. I had a TW install a few days back and this worked perfectly for me.

and that backup program is what? perhaps duplicity?

I am again using TW, second install, both installs were upgrades. When I
use this Backups program, it throws an external window showing this:

http://susepaste.org/72088551

I have formatted both drives a few times to ext4. I used GSmartControl
on one for a 2 hour test and it was fine. Both drives are fine.

I believe something with duplicity or python is causing this issue but
i've no clue.

what does (as root): zypper ver
provide?

are you really getting disk errors, re subject, or just getting errors
from program output?