Re: [opensuse-factory] Not a confidence inspiring gstreamer update :)
On 07/08/17 01:55 PM, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
We should rename all the things in openSUSE:Factory:NonFree then and
have them prefixed by NonFree-.
Then ask the question again why would anyone want nonfree software :-P

Which means what?

We have FOSS, that is free and open source.
But we also have freely distributed binaries, for example the blobs that are the
video card drivers from nVidia and AMD.
They are not charged for but we are constrained by the licence agreement and not
free to modify them.

--
I suspect that, over time, all bureaucratic processes decay into cargo
cults unless regularly challenged by a hostile reality.