Re: [opensuse-factory] legal-auto on vacation?
* Aleksa Sarai <asarai@xxxxxxx> [08-07-17 08:31]:
But my original point still stands, what is a submitter meant to do if
submission is stuck on legal-auto? Twiddle my thumbs? Ping someone from
legal? Create a new request that supercedes the old one to retrigger the
bot? If "the bot is fine", does that mean there was some issue with my
SR? If so, how do I find out said issue?

There is some issue with your SR that requires manual review by lawyers.
And indeed those have vacations too.

This should not apply to existing packages that just get updated, no?

If you wonder how it works, check my talk on osc17:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DAjSwKcVzI

tl;dw: updates now also get some legal scrutiny.

What I'd be interested in is, as a developer of a project, how should I make
the legal team's life easier? I personally already review all of my
dependencies' licenses, and am quite familiar with free software licensing,
so it seems a waste for that energy to be duplicated for every update.

[ The project that I linked originally is one that I authored. ]

how would you relieve the possibile liability?