Re: [opensuse-factory] New repo-checker to be deployed on August 14th
On 08/05/2017 12:34 AM, Jimmy Berry wrote:
Both to provide a grace period and tooling improvement going forward the tool
will now regularly post comments on packages with issues in their corresponding
devel project. The 112 comments went out Wednesday on a variety of packages.

Thanks. This is good way of getting attention.

Sometimes the comments are in the wrong package. For example, I've noticed boost is on there, but the problem is with OpenMPI being broken. I'm not sure if this is by design or in error, but it risks spamming lots of packages just because innermost dependency is uninstallable.

It's still better to know earlier rather than later. Currently these problems were only discovered by end-users.

The new repo-checker is currently soft-enabled for Factory in that it will be
checking all requests, but only commenting when it sees a problem and having no
effect on reviews. On August 14th all new requests will require approval from
the new repo-checker user on OBS.

In this case will this block something like boost because OpenMPI is uninstallable?

- Adam