Re: [opensuse-factory] hylafax+ 5.5.8 localized Email notification chops german Umlauts
On 2017-08-04 11:09, Axel Braun wrote:

In the Script that triggers the mail notification I changed the command to
write into a file:

echo "--$MIMEBOUNDARY--"
) 2>$ERRORSTO | $SENDMAIL -f$FROMADDR -oi -t

changed to

echo "--$MIMEBOUNDARY--"
) 2>$ERRORSTO | cat > /tmp/examine_me.eml

Result: All Umlauts are there

So I logged in as root (as well as uucp) and tried from the command line:
echo abcäöü | mail -s "Täst" $email

-> worked as well.

Ah, but you are not using the same mail command as the script. They call
"sendmail" - note that Postfix has a small sendmail binary so that
script like that continue working with Postfix.

I would also add something to copy the environment from the script to a
file. Something like:

set > file
locale > otherfile

in case when you test with sendmail if it works, compare environments.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.