Re: [opensuse-factory] openSUSE BugHunting 2017

On 2017-08-02 09:14, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2017-08-02 00:16, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2017-08-01 23:42, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2017-08-01 14:18, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2017-08-01 13:34, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

If you do that, then why should I bother to
report new bugs if nobody is going to care, even
read it? :-/

Carlos, for the same reason we always have - in the
vain hope a bug might be picked up and fixed.
Having a report closed as "no longer under
maintenance" is not just "somewhat frustrating", it
is extremely frustrating, but what else do you
propose we do? Pursuing a bug for a product that
cannot be updated is pointless, but obviously the
reporter is more than welcome to reopen if the
problem persists in a maintained version.

For starters, give some thought to the bug. Did
somebody read it, or was it sent to a non existing
maintainer? Then send to the current maintainer, and
let him read it and decide.

I think the number of open reports alone prohibit that
approach, however nice it is.

So if the bug was sent to an incorrect destination,
nobody will see that and new bugs on that area will
suffer the same fate in another five years.

The reporter will also be notified.

But he will not have a clue what happened.

It will all be in the report?

No. We are talking here of bugs that get assigned to a person
that is no longer at the project, an email that doesn't exist, a
mail list with no subscribers. There is no way the reporter can
find out what happened, only an insider.

Hmm, maybe we are not talking about the same thing. Since 2008, I
get automatic emails with every update to reports I have created,
no matter who they are assigned to. I don't remember if that is an
option I specifically enabled somewhere.

I don't. I think I got them once.

But no, that wasn't what I was talking about. Simon got it :-)

- --
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.