Re: [opensuse-factory] openSUSE BugHunting 2017
On 2017-08-01 18:47, Felix Miata wrote:

Axel Braun wrote:

Regarding unsupported releases, what is the plan here?

- close the bug as not supported anymore: less work but somewhat annoying
and frustrating for the reporter(s)

If you do that, then why should I bother to report new bugs if nobody is
going to care, even read it?

A good working tracker also depends on reporters following up. If the bug
didn't
get touched while the release it affects was supported, and reporter has
switched to a supported release in which reporter can reproduce, reporter
should
update the bug to the current release and not wait on triagers, QA or assignee
to notice. If the bug amounts to a blocker WRT to the reporter, he should note
that too. IOW, reporters shouldn't wait for activity that may or may not occur
if they care about their own reports.

The reporter has to find some way to work around the bug, if it affects
him, so probably he does not see it happening. After reporting, there is
nothing more he can do to solve the issue except waiting. Which is what
I do. I don't usually nag people "what about my issue?" every month.

I just looked, and I have open reports going back to 2009. I will try to
close some myself.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.