[opensuse-factory] [Leap 42.3] Request to upgrade smartmontools to get (some) support for new NVME drives
Hi there,

I just realized that the new system I'm building (current technology for
everything) fails to monitor the health data (aka S.M.A.R.T.) of the new
NVME disk. The most current version of smartmontools adds _experimental_
support for such disks, at least. I have built a copy from Base:System
in my home project for all distributions I'm still using: 13.1, 13.2,
42.1, 42.2, and 42.3. As a result, the build went without any hickups
and now I can get data from the disk's health status.

It would be incredible if this could be added to Leap 42.3 before it
goes live. What can I do to get this done?

TIA, cheers.

l8er
manfred