Re: [opensuse-factory] TW 20170626: /var/lock gone?
On Fri, 2017-06-30 at 15:25 +0200, Thorsten Kukuk wrote:
But my suspicion (see other post) is that the removal of /var/lock
had been
delayed because it was still in use, so the post-script did not do
anything,
and after the handle was free the link got deleted?

I think creating the symlink should be a %posttrans, not a %pretrans.
The way it is in filesystem package looks wrong to me.

Thorsten

I wonder if we should not rather do %post than %posttrans when we
change it. In context of zypper, the difference is 'small' (in any
case, each package is installed as a transaction of its own) - but zypp
will install the packages and skip/collect transaction scripts in order
to execute them in the end.

If we have anything in the larger install chain expecting /var/lock, we
might run into some other strange issues there.

Cheers,
Dominique