Re: [opensuse-factory] TW 20170626: /var/lock gone?
* Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@xxxxxxx> [06-30-17 08:03]:
On Fri, Jun 30, Peter Suetterlin wrote:

Hi List,

did an update to TW 20170626 yesterday evening. Today I got a mail from a
failed cron job that

SCRIPT: mlocate.cron exited with RETURNCODE = 1.
SCRIPT: output (stdout && stderr) follows

touch: cannot touch '/var/lock/mlocate.daily.lock': No such file or
directory

Indeed there is no more /var/lock, snapper pre/post diff shows it was
deleted
during the update....

filesystem should and still does create the link /var/lock to /run/lock,
and systemd does so, too.

maybe it should and maybe "for you" it still does, but some condition is
causing it to "sometimes" not create the link. I had it on two machines
in the last few days and created the link manually bypassing the problem,
ln -s ../run/lock /var/lock