Re: [opensuse-factory] tumbleweed, gcc7 and VMware
Markus Koßmann wrote:

Am Montag, 26. Juni 2017, 05:55:36 schrieb Kyek, Andreas, Vodafone DE:
Hi @all,

is someone running VMware on tubleweed successfully?

Since Migration to gcc7 (and the next kernel-compile) my VMware does
not
even start.

I can compile the modules manually but nevertheless VMware refuses to
start.

In some articles I read about some tricks to start (bypass the start script
and invoke the executable directly e.g.) but nothing worked.

Has anybody here a solution (or a link to a solution)?
Did you try the modified workaround for Fedora26 as described on
<http://rglinuxtech.com/?p=1992> ?

Now I did - and this at least made vmware available again.
(It seems copying/linking the libs was the step I missed last time; the module
compile was done before)

Andreas