Re: [opensuse-factory] Can't mount fat32 USB sticks anymore
  • From: Pierre de Villemereuil <flyos@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2017 20:33:55 +1200
As per my last e-mail, I managed to make it work by wiping the USB stick using
dd and /dev/zero as input (brutal, but efficient). On the second USB stick, dd
actually had an issue, stopped very quickly, but that somehow fixed the issue
(?!!).

Interestingly, fdisk was analysing the USB sticks "properly" the whole time
(i.e. it was seeing FAT32 partitions).

Let's just say this was a gigantic mess, though I'm still wondering about which
update made it apparent while the system bared with it before. I guess we'll
never know.

Thanks so much for you help, guys!

Cheers,
Pierre.