Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: Run apps in Leap 42.3
Hello,

Am Sonntag, 25. Juni 2017, 04:01:59 CEST schrieb Marco Flores:
Aclaration, *.desktop files do work, it's only the ones pointing to a
/home/user/bin located app that doesn't, so if myapp.desktop file
points to a binary in /home/user/bin, will and won't work in the
following scenarios.

Won't work:
exec=myapp

Will work:
exec=/home/user/bin/myapp

This sounds like your $PATH no longer contains ~/bin/

In a shell, you can simply check this with
echo $PATH

Maybe KDE sees another $PATH for whatever reason. To check this, write a
little script
echo $PATH > /home/user/current-path
and run it using a desktop file. Afterwards, check the content of
/home/user/current-path.

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
<jospoortvliet> sorry for being late, I managed to lock myself out
of my house and had to travel to my wife's work to get the key.