Re: [opensuse-factory] mysql-community-server no longer in TW?
Richard Brown wrote:
These packages are not 'offical' SUSE or openSUSE packages

They are provided by Oracle/MySQL, from Oracle/MySQL servers. If you
want Oracle to add Tumbleweed support to their packages, I would
suggest you contact them.

The Oracle and SUSE/openSUSE MySQL repositories are connected, because
all are based on the same Gibhub project. The build service repositories
use generated RPM files from this project:
https://github.com/openSUSE/mysql-packaging
I do not see how you establish a link between the mysql-packaging
github project. I am under the impression that generator is used to
generate our mariadb specfile used for our mariadb packages in
openSUSE.
Look at this:
https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2016-12/msg00266.html

I am currently building MySQL 5.7.18 for Tumbleweed (repository
server:database) this way.

Greetings,
Björn