Re: [opensuse-factory] Command failed (Tumbleweed)
On 2017-06-22 03:57, Neil Rickert wrote:
I should note that I removed "splash=silent" from the boot command
line, so I am seeing startup and shutdown messages instead of the
Plymouth splash screen.

I use "splash=verbose" and uninstall Plymouth. I get all the beautiful
text messages.

When I shutdown (or reboot) Tumbleweed, I am seeing around 40 lines of
"Command failed" or similar wording. The 40 is a guess. It happens
too rapidly to count, but it does fill more than one screen.

Not when you boot?

After that, there is a line "Read failed ...". It disappears too
quickly to read the full line.

All of this happens after "target shutdown reached".

I'm not at all surprised that commands are failing after shutdown, or
that files cannot be read after shutdown. But it seems to me that
something is wrong, that it is even attempting to run commands and
read files after shutdown.

I'll note that this is not actually causing problems. But I thought I
should report it. I don't think it is possible to catch any data on
this, so I have not reported a bug.

It delays things.

--
Cheers / Saludos,