Re: [opensuse-factory] [Resolved] Leap 42.3 kernel 4.4.71x and problem installing the Nvidia driver
On 20/06/17 04:35 PM, Roman Bysh wrote:
On 20/06/17 06:35 AM, Peter Suetterlin wrote:
> Takashi Iwai wrote:
> > On Mon, 19 Jun 2017 13:39:45 +0200,
> > Peter Suetterlin wrote:
>
> >> Is this a 42.3 specific package? I don't see signs on it on neither my
42.2
> >> nor TW systems? Or specific to 4.4.71 (and thus might show up in 42.2 at
next
> >> kernel update?)
> >
> > It's specific to 42.3. There is no package provided for 42.2.
>
> Thanks!
>
> > Once when 42.3 is released, everyone switches soon, right? ;)
>
> My gaming machine at home yes (probably even before release...), but for sure
> not the servers and desktops at work ;^>
> (the latter were the reason for my question...)

The bug has been resolved for the RPMs provided by Nvidia..
Users installing the RPMs provided by Nvidia are not affected by this.

If you prefer installing the NVIDIA .run drivers downloaded from the Nvidia
site,
remove drm-kmp-default and run mkinitrd after the reboot before installing the
drivers.

Another option in Yast2 is to "taboo" the package so that it will not install.