Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: OT: Userfriendliness of mailing list,
On 06/19/2017 12:34 AM, Axel Braun wrote:
Although Email - like Newsgroups - may sound old fashioned, they still have
advantages over forums - low bandwidth requirements, the option to download
mails and work offline (yes, I'm travelling every now and then), to apply
filters....just to mention some.

For me the big difference is push vs pull. Forums require effort on
my part to search for and "pull" information into my work context.
Email information is "pushed" to me from multiple accounts and
is available for easy processing and archiving with the help of
Thunderbird. I literally couldn't do my user support work if I was
limited to forums. That being said, I also use forums for various
kinds of off-line work. It's nice to have choice!

Regards,
Lew