Re: OT: Userfriendliness of mailing list, was: Re: [opensuse-factory] Leap 42.3: Only GTK apps start, all others segfault at startup
  • From: Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2017 12:24:11 +0200
Op maandag 19 juni 2017 08:09:17 CEST schreef Andrei Borzenkov:
On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 8:27 AM, Sarah Julia Kriesch

Gesendet: Montag, 19. Juni 2017 um 05:56 Uhr
Von: Larx <throwaway@xxxxxxxxx>

Where? As with many things in openSUSE, this is a great idea, but it is
not really obvious from the bulk of different websites where to
contribute. I did not know about Heroes until know.>
https://news.opensuse.org/2016/07/25/introducing-opensuse-heroes/

Is it a joke? That's exactly what Larx tries to tell you - this
information is buried in news ticker somewhere in the past. Do you
really expect every newcomer to read all archives of all openSUSE
media to find it?

News about the openSUSE heroes was not just on the news ticker. It was
propagated across social media, other media wrote about it, and the Heroes got
their share of attention at the openSUSE Conference. If I perform a google
search for "opensuse infrastructure" the first hit that shows is the openSUSE
Heroes page.

--
Gertjan Lettink, a.k.a. Knurpht

openSUSE Board Member