Re: OT: Userfriendliness of mailing list, was: Re: [opensuse-factory] Leap 42.3: Only GTK apps start, all others segfault at startup
  • From: Richard Brown <RBrownCCB@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2017 10:44:44 +0200
On 19 June 2017 at 08:09, Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 8:27 AM, Sarah Julia Kriesch

Gesendet: Montag, 19. Juni 2017 um 05:56 Uhr
Von: Larx <throwaway@xxxxxxxxx>

Where? As with many things in openSUSE, this is a great idea, but it is not
really obvious from the bulk of different websites where to contribute. I
did not know about Heroes until know.
https://news.opensuse.org/2016/07/25/introducing-opensuse-heroes/

Is it a joke? That's exactly what Larx tries to tell you - this
information is buried in news ticker somewhere in the past. Do you
really expect every newcomer to read all archives of all openSUSE
media to find it?

Is this a joke? Assuming yes, then I have a joke too :)

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=openSUSE+Infrastructure

First hit: https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Infrastructure_policy
(Mentions the Heroes)

Second hit: https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Heroes (Describes them in detail)

There is plenty of non archived documentation regarding the openSUSE Heroes

Perhaps you don't like reading, this is the year 2017 after all:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSXniKW_q9Q

There has been so much information about, from, surrounding, and
regarding our awesome openSUSE Heroes frankly anyone claiming they've
never heard about them might as well wear a sign saying "I don't pay
much attention to what's going on in the openSUSE Project"

And that's alright, everyone doesn't need to pay attention to
everything, all this information is still out there on the wiki, and
youtube, and news.o.o, and lists.o.o, precisely because we don't
expect everyone to pay attention to everything.

But it sure makes Larx and your criticisms rather amusing, or if
they're not intended as jokes, rather stupid.